|R40POL Geology Microscope|
Geology microscopes are also referred to as petrographic microscopes or polarizing microscopes. These are a few of the features that make up a geologist microscope:
- Polarizing filter in the light path.
- Analyzer in the light path between the objective & the eyepiece (works with the polarizer).
- Circular rotating stage with vernier scales for reading orientations.
- Bertrand lens allows viewing of conscopic interference patterns.
- Waveplate to alter the polarization state of the light traveling through it.
|Image captured at 200x under a geologist microscope.|
If you have any questions about geology microscopes, feel free to contact Microscope World.