In other examples, microscopes are automated to produce high resolution images of pathology samples for molecular diagnostics and cytometry, enhancing and automating the workflow of investigators in the pathology laboratory. In some labs, automated microscopes are used to capture live-cell imagery and are especially useful for acquiring images in time-lapse experiments over set periods of time.
Using industrial microscopes in the automation industry, you can benefit from:
- Reproducible methods for exact positioning of specimens.
- Automated processes that move the stage and focus on specimens.
- Microscopy software can capture images for analysis or reporting.
- Measuring items that will not fit within one field of view.
- Switching from a variety of dedicated equipment to one multi-function tool for automated microscopy, digital imaging, measurements, image analysis and reporting.
- produce reports from high-resolution samples.
- High-resolution overviews for the inspection process.