- Stereo microscopes offer lower magnification (usually somewhere between 5x-50x).
- Stereo microscopes provide more room under the microscope for larger objects (think rocks, flowers, etc.).
- Stereo microscopes have light above the stage, and sometimes also below the stage.
|S6 Stereo Zoom Microscope|
- Biological microscopes provide higher magnification (40x, 100x, 400x, 1000x).
- Biological microscopes only have room for slides under the microscope (no larger objects can be placed under an upright biological microscope.)
- Biological microscopes have a light beneath the stage, therefore the specimen must allow light to pass it.
|U2 Biological Microscope|