Print on a holiday napkin.
- Sugar and salt crystals (place these on a slide when using the high power microscope).
- Fibers from yarn or wool (carpet works well!)
- Newsprint (best viewed under a low power microscope with light from above).
- Cork - thinly cut.
- Thin weave cloth such as a gauze strip.
- Bark from a tree.
- Flower stamen.
- Water from an old flower bouquet (place it on a depression slide, use a cover slip).
- Spider web (mount directly on a microscope slide).
- Celery stalk (stem or small cross section).
- Insect wing (check your windowsill!)
- Piece of hair (can you see the root using the high power microscope?)
Cloth weave captured at 40x with the MW5-LD2 digital stereo microscope.