- Blood - a minimum of 400x magnification is best for viewing blood cells. The nucleus of a blood cell can be seen at 400x magnification, but more detail can be viewed at 1000x.
- Bacteria - 400x magnification is required in order to identify bacteria.
- Coins - it is best to view coins anywhere between 10x-30x magnification.
- Stamps - stamp collectors most commonly use 20x magnification.
- Printed circuit boards - between 10x-40x zoom magnification typically makes viewing details and flaws on printed circuit boards easier. The stereo zoom function is helpful.
- Insects - anywhere between 10x and 30x magnification is best for viewing spiders, ants and insects.
Human blood under the microscope at 400x magnification.
Captured with the Swift M10-LB digital microscope.