Here are a few other tips for dampening some of the vibrations that are often a part of the modern lab environment:
- Place the equipment away from obvious problem areas like elevator shafts, heating and cooling fans, and even vents.
- Put other equipment such as shakers, refrigerators, and incubators on a separate table away from the microscope.
- Put power supplies on a shelf or on the floor away from the equipment.
- Use the heaviest table available.
- Put a thin foam pad between the microscope and the table.